1. Melt the butter for the mushrooms in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once melted, fry the mushrooms with the garlic and shallot for two to three minutes. Season before adding brandy and madeira. Stir in the cream, stock and parsley.
2. Onto the poached eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Using a whisk make a swirl in the middle of the water. Put the egg in the centre of the swirl and cook for two to three minutes.
3. Prepare a bowl of iced water. Next, using a slotted spoon, scoop the egg into the iced water. Repeat with the second egg.
4. Toast the sourdough.
5. Plunge the eggs into boiling water for 30 seconds.
6. Lastly, pop the toast onto a plate, pile the mushrooms on top and finish with a poached egg.